Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Current favourites




Hello all! It's me, Adele, and I am terribly sorry for the lack of posts I have done. I have been swamped with... well... life, I guess! This post is about my two current favourite books that I have recently read or  am in the process of reading! The first one is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! I am a big Harry Potter fan and I think this one is my favourite out of all seven. This book is for anyone, child or adult! Here is a quick summary on the book.

While the magic world is being taken over by Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter and his friends have been set a deathly task by Dumbledore: To collect Voldemort's seven horcruxes. (Little pieces of one's soul hidden in items). They leave Hogwarts and set off in a race around the country. Along the way they find out shocking secrets, surprising information and horrific tales...

Now, the next book, Ruby Redfort Take Your Last Breath, is by my favourite author Lauren Child. I was so excited when this came out sand ended up checking the bookstore every couple of days to see whether they had it in or not! I recommend this one for ages around 8-13.

Ruby Redfort, Spectrum agent, is not easily scared. In fact, there is only one thing she is scared of... Small spaces. For her next mission she has to dive into the ocean, but she won't come face to face with her biggest fear, right? 

And there you have it! Hope you enjoyed! 





4 comments:

  1. Nice favorites! I too really enjoyed harry potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous has gotten rather wordy, wouldn't you agree? At any rate, this is a charming blog. Please post more. I know your busy Sweetie, but I like to read your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Name: BroadBase Media
    Your email address: affiliates@broadbasemedia.com
    Subject: Working together.


    Message:
    Hi,

    We manage the Affiliate Program for several websites that we think may be a great fit for you and your audience. These sites include www.ergobaby.com, www.orbitbaby.com and www.skyniceland.com.

    Please let us know if you would have some time to chat, or shoot us an email and we can discuss further.

    Thank you in advance

    Marc

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...