Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Maze of Books!

Here is the explanation of my Tuesday workspace that I promised. I provide contract speech therapy in public schools. Since, I'm not a regular staff member I work out of what ever space is available: closet, lounge, hall, lunchroom, ect. I felt fortunate to have a whole empty classroom to myself even if it was dirty and full of broken furniture and outmoded learning materials.

September is my one hectic month at work. October 1 is the childcount deadline for funding and schools are serious about funding. Such a long process to place a student in therapy and only one day a week to do it at this particular school. So loads and loads of work to do and what do I see when I walk into my room one day last September: Books... Piles of books... Books Galore... a maze of precariously stacked books!

The entire school library had been moved into my room due to flooding. Oh, really not a good environment for a bookworm with work to do. I adore books of all kinds so I was falling into books all day--- literally and figuratively...


See what I mean about precarious--- few shelves came with the books so they were stacked like the Leaning Tower of Pisa all over the floor, tables and even in the windows! Difficult to navigate and, of course, I was compelled to open any that caught my eye. Didn't matter if they were picture books, reference, new fiction or literary classics. Each book was like a treasure chest of wonders calling: 'Hey, open me' 'No, over here, open me'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...