To receive such an acknowledgement for a new blog left us absolutely gobsmacked... completely speechless! Well, not speechless for long. After all, DeLynne is a linguist and I am a speech pathologist... We are rarely without words or so our dear hubbies contend. Oh, the emails that whizzed to and from the Green Country of Oklahoma, USA and the Rain Forest of Queensland, OZ.
The Honest Scrap Award
Ten Hopefully Fascinating (or at least Somewhat Interesting) but Definitely Quirky True Things about your Hosts
Not such a tough exercise with a friend you've known for 30 years. Is that considered cheating? We each remembered things about the other that we had forgotten as individuals--- and commonalities that surprised us even after all these years.
Quirks in common:
1. Neither of your hosts can whistle.
2. Neither of your hosts can fall asleep unless our ears are covered by the covers.
1. I can flip my tongue upside down as well as roll it.
2. I removed my own braces with wire cutters and pliers for prom.
3. I traveled around the world with $350 spending money.
4. I arrived in Australia with $7 in my pocket and stayed.
5. I've studied 6 languages so far and speak 3 fluently. Currently, I teach Italian to teenagers, kindergartners and adults. My French night classes have been running for years.
6. I have an absolute weakness for any china that is blue and white. Our table is a psychedelic pastiche: nothing matches and I love it.
Lesa (display name Cozy Book Nook)
1. I do not have nor will I ever have pierced ears.
2. I can't hold my breath under water to save my life but I can snorkel like a wild woman! In fact, on my first snorkeling adventure, I swam with a sea turtle!
3. I always cry when I hear the Star Spangled Banner or read/watch a poignantly heroic battle scene.
4. I am a library girl and rarely buy books. Too expensive and limited storage and I don't want to be known as the 'crazy book lady' in my old age.
5. I've walked across Abbey Road and been in the Cavern Club.
6. Green thumb here! I always start 100s of seedlings for my own garden and my garden buddies' gardens. Typically, I plant at least 80 tomato plants and 40 pepper plants.
Whew! Hope we didn't exhaust your interest!
Sharing the Love
Now, the highlight: presenting the Honest Scrap Award to our favorite book/reading blogs! No stuffy, dry or pretentious literary reviews in these blogs. Our nominees are engaging, humorous, charming and clever; celebrating a love of books and reading with an unique personal flair. Nominees if you wish to participate grab your logo, confess, and pass it forward.
And The Award Goes To...
Psyched On The Prairie What a wonderfully clever and irreverent blog. If you have ever read the 'Little House' books, you must check out this blog!
OE Books: One Story At A Time RYCJ shares sentimental and amusing anecdotes and original short stories all wrapped up with a love of reading.
Books Are Like Candy Corn This enticing title leads to an irresistible blog! Elegantly and beautifully written, Rob's blog covers a variety of genres with a dash of humor.
The Life (And Lies) Of An Inanimate Flying Object This blog includes reviews, original stories and personal narratives. Haleyknitz writes with a refreshingly expressive honest voice... also sprinkled with humor.
Thank you again, Amy, for presenting this award to Mrs. Baja's Cozy Book Nook and for being so kind to the 'new kids on the block'. We are beyond flattered!