Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Package Deal

Well, hello blogging world. I'm Izzy Rose, nice to see you again! Yes, I have been very busy doing large amounts of nothing, and feeling guilty about it. Finally, I have a book worth reading about! (Please excuse my punniness)

Fashion Illustration Step by Step by Loreto Binvingnat Streeter and Chindy Wayne not only shows simple-to-follow instructions for a very basic outfit, but includes many different ways you could draw it, including realistic, digital and watercolour. This gives those who read it the opportunity to distinguish themselves as an illustrator, and to experiment with texture and colour. Plus, for those who aren't exactly artists, the illustration methods are set out from easiest to hardest. Early Christmas present, I think yes.

My drawing skills will be incredibly superior in fashion class next year, and I have another fashion book for my increasing collection. The package deal, you may ask?

That's me. Reader, blogger (sometimes!), student, photographer, budding fashion illustrator and designer.






4 comments:

  1. You are a great combo! I really enjoy your posts. I wish I was more creative. I have accepted that I am not and have moved on.
    But you are like your Mama (and my sister), creative and talented. And I am a bit envious.
    Sorry I am related, and you may discount my opinion as partial, but I do think you are really an amazing chica!
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Izzy, I think I want you to move in with me and teach me how to dress. The problem is, I'm old enough to be your mother. How would you feel about being a stylist to the mums before you take over the world?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool-- I had no idea such books existed! My drawing would be pitiful but it would be fun to try!

    I'll say it again-- your photos should be in a fashion mag! I edited them to the x-large size-- hope you don't mind.

    Izzy, did I mention before that you had inspired me to try more interesting shots? I did a couple of photo shoots this fall-- way harder than it looks! I got a few decent shots but the outtakes are hysterical!!! I'll post them soon so ya'll can have a good laugh!!

    Now what okie-fied thing can I toss in the air... cow patty, hay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, you guys are great.
    I'm so glad you like it, I wish I could publish the photos somewhere. And Tracy, I would love to be your stylist!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...