Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Lagniappe for Lesa: I WON!!!

So exciting! When I clicked on the post  Charity Event Results and Winners at Random Ramblings, the first bit of good news I read was that  donations totaled $220 dollars!  Yippee! The  proceeds were divvied up between two worthy organizations: Save The Children and First Books.  


Now for the second bit of good news: As a thank you to donators, the hosts of the Charity Event offered seven giveaways. I never win drawings or giveaways so what a pleasant surprise to see my name listed as the winner of the $40 CSN gift certificate. What a fabulous lagniappe!  Much more than a little something extra-- Thank you, Jillian,  Linna, and Raila!

Now for the fun: Shopping! We love shopping here at Mrs. BG as you can read here and here.  But have you seen the CSN Store website?  How will I settle on one thing? And I only have until December 31 to decide!

Any Ideas?

By the way, CSN doesn't sell books, which is a shame. Maybe a bookcase, instead-- Wonder if hubby would fall for the 'I'm saving money by spending money' line again...

5 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    Congratulations, Lesa! =D

    And what good news about the money that was raised for charity! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Congrats!
    Well, I would get probably get something boring, like closet organizers...sigh...get something fun, please. I will live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I found your lovely blog this morning and will stop back to read more.
    Ann
    Cozy In Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, All of us BG ladies started off in Texas (except Izzy, 1st generation Australian) but only one of us lives there now. So we are thrilled to have you here. Little touch of home, ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...