Inspiration From The Distant Past

Inspiration From The Distant Past
Found note in an old book... warms the cockles of my bookish heart...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Keep on Truckin'...

Look what pulled up to my school last Thursday...

 The Scholastic Book Fair truck! Yippee!!  Isn't that the coolest truck ever?!



   For me, this is like the circus coming to town! I'm as jazzed as the kids on the truck.

The book fair can't fit into the library because of a new computer lab taking up library space. Guess where it will be instead?!  In the classroom right across the hall from my classroom!! Yee--freakin--haw!!

Can't wait till the book fair officially opens! Friday, while the librarian was setting up, I slipped in for a whiff of new book smell and a little reconnaissance. I spotted some interesting titles already. 

Click here to see the books I bought at the Scholastic Book Fair last spring. Consider visiting your local school's book fair-- there are usually cookbooks and other adult books too. Plus, buying helps the school get more books.

If you are into photography, photo meme linky parties are fun. I frequently participate in photo memes over at my everything else blog, Dusty Us Diaries, but this week it is Mrs. BG's turn.

Click the buttons to see more colorful photos from around the world.

Smiling Sally



MellowYellowMondayBadge
Click here  for Ruby Tuesday
click here for Rednesday

23 comments:

  1. That is the coolest truck!! Wish we had that when I was young I love to read. ^_^
    MYM
    Blue Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember getting so excited when the "Bookmobile" showed up at school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember ordering these books for my daughter years ago...but we never had a cool truck pull up like this.... great shot!
    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No cool truck here either! I loved the book fair when I was a kid, but it seems like my kids' fairs don't have a great selection. :(
    Let us know what you get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Books are still better than computers when talking of forms of reading materials

    visiting through RT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for books! Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday, Lesa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. +JMJ+

    Oooooh! I wish the Scholastic trucks in the Philippines were as wonderful as that! Who wouldn't want to read after seeing a promo like that???

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have that here in WV too, not scholastic but a local one.

    Gorgeous!

    My Mellow Yellow, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great images - great blog too!

    Happy RT!

    XOXO Lola:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I have a relative working for Scholastic so I'm always glad to see people supporting such a great company!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! Hope that truck passes this way too. :) Happy RT!

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great effort! I love books as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that truck and I love books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That must be a wonderful event and Book Fair is something that children should be involved with!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the fondest memories of the Book Fair! Ah, the good ol' days of elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is indeed cool! I love books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember as a young girl getting to order books from Scholastic! I would pour over the order form, and I really wanted ALL of the books, but only got one or two each time. I guess it's what started my love of books!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always go to the Scholastic Fair with my granddaughters at their school, we have such a great time. Love the shot of the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all the great comments!

    Thanks for sharing bookfair memories and cheering Scholastic!

    I didn't realise the truck was unique-- wonder why Scholastic doesn't paint all their trucks?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carol: I did the same thing with the Weekly Reader order form. I would check every book of interest then painstakingly weed out books until the total price met the amount I was allowed to spend. The process took hours-- but it was fun-- agonizing but fun.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I use to love getting books like these as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the yakkity yak box, Book Lovers! Your comments are greatly appreciated so please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.

Comments/questions will receive a response here and visits will be returned as time allows. We are a chatty bunch but also busy with work/school/family so apologies in advance for any delays.

:o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...